WELL ITS THE LAST MEETING OF WHAT HAS BEEN AN INTERESTING AND A SURPRISING SPRING TO SAY THE LEAST. WE HAVE SEEN BUFFERING NOT ONLY GET HIS 1ST GROUP ONE BUT 3 OF THEM. WE HAD SHAMUS AWARD A SHOCK COX PLATE WINNER AND RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY WE HAD RULE BREAKERS WATERHOUSE AND OLIVER WIN THE MELBOURNE CUP. SO WE GET TO THIS LAST MEETNG OF THE SPRING AND WHAT AM I EXPECTING OF IT? WELL THE MEETING STARTS WITH MOSTLY FIRST STARTERS AND BY NEXT YEAR A COUPLE OF THESE MAY WELL BE THE NEXT BIG THINGS. THERE ARE SOME LARGE FIELDS AND PLENTY OF CHANCES SO IT MIGHT JUST BE A DAY FOR VALUE. THE QUADDIE ESPECIALLY LOOKS OPEN AND I SUGGEST GOING WIDE IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO.

RACE 1; FLEMINGTON EQUINE CLINIC PLATE 1000M- ONLY 2 HORSES HAVE HAD A START HERE WITH THE TOPWEIGHT WINNING HIS ONLY START SO FAR. THE WIN WAS OK BUT I BELIEVE THE REAL STORY LIES IN A COUPLE OF THE 1ST STARTERS WHO MAY END UP FUTURE STARS. IM INTERESTED IN ROYAL OCEAN (BY FASTNET ROCK), ORUJO FOR SNOWDEN BY EXCEED AND EXCEL AND LOCK AND LOAD BY MORE THAN READY. FOR ME LOCK AND LOAD WILL WIN THIS AND MAY GO ON TO BE THE BIGGEST STAR OF THIS BUNCH.

RACE 2; LEE THOMAS GIFT 1700M- 5 LAST START WINNERS IN THIS RACE BUT ONLY 1 CAN WIN IT FOR MINE. IM TIPPING AN EARLY DOUBLE FOR GRIFFITHS AND MALONEY AS I BELIEVE GIRL IN FLIGHT IS A MONTY IN WHAT MAY BE THE EASIEST RACE OF THE DAY TO TIP.

RACE 3; CRV HOSPITAL HELPING HAND PLATE 1400M- 4 LAST START WINNERS AND A COUPLE OF HORSES DROPPING BACK TO AN EASIER RACE. THERE ARE A FEW CHANCES IN THE FIELD INCLUDING BY THE GRACE WHO WAS 2ND TO GIRL IN FLIGHT LAST START, BUT I QUITE LIKE GRACIOUS PROSPECT IN THIS. 1ST UP PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE WON, NEXT RUN WAS OK AGAINST THE PATTERN AND LAST START IT WON, AND I THINK IT CAN WIN AGAIN TODAY.

RACE 4;CRV GREAT STRIDES HANDICAP 1400M- NOT A BAD RACE AND I THINK A FEW PEOPLE WILL FANCY THE NEW BOY HOWEVER I THINK THE HORSE THAT CAN WIN IS DISCIPLE. hAS HAD A HABIT OF RUNNING 4TH LATELY HOWEVER I THINK WALLER WILL HAVE THE HORSE SPOT ON 3RD RUN BACK FROM A SPELL AND I SEE IT BEING VERY HARD TO BEAT.

RACE 5; CARPET CALL HANDICAP 1400M- PLENTY OF CHANCES AND 1ST LEG OF THE QUADDIE. AT $13 I THINK DANISH WHISKEY WILL GIVE A SHOW 1ST UP,COUNTED AND WINTER CHILLER WILL HAVE LOTS OF ADMIRERS HOWEVER I AM LIKING THE LOOK OF LADY OF HARRODS. HER LAST RUN 5TH TO MAHISARA WAS QUITE GOOD. THE HORSE HAS A WIN AT THIS TRACK/DISTANCE AND BACK TO MARES GRADE WITH MCNEILL AND 3KG CLAIM SHOULD BE HARD TO BEAT.

RACE 6; EAST MALVERN COMM BANK HANDICAP 1100M- CHANCES UP AND DOWN THE PAGE HERE AND PROBABLY THE HARDEST LEG OF THE QUADDIE. I THINK MORANT CANRUN WELL 2ND UP AS THERE WERE EXCUSES 1ST UP AS HORSE HAD SEVERE LACERATIONS. AT $26 I THINK IT IS A GOOD EACHWAY CHANCE HOWEVER THE HORSE I THINK WILL WIN IS CASCABEL. JUST BEATEN IN THIS RACE LAST YEAR AND I HAVE LIKED THE 2 RUNS THIS TIME IN. I THINK IT CAN WIN DESPITE THE BARRIER DRAW.

RACE 7; CFV AMBASSADORSPLATE 2000M- ONCE AGAIN PLENTY THAT CAN WIN, KEEP COOL, POST DFRANCE, MULTILATERAL ECT. AT $34 I LIKE FIELDMASTER WHO HAS WON HIS LAST 2 FRESH RUNS AS MY ROUGHIE OF THE DAY BUT IM LEANING TOWARDS ELECTRIC FUSION WINNING THIS. HIS 2ND TO ZEPHYRON WITH 60KG WAS FANTASTIC LAST WEEK AND WITH 54 THIS TIME I THINK IT CAN GET THE CHOCOLATES.

RACE 8; BALLYMORE STABLES HANDICAP 1700M- A TOUGH WAY TO END THE DAY WITH A FIELD OF 20 AND PLENTY OF CHANCES. QUITE BLUNT CONSIDERING THERE ARE SO MANY CHANCES BUT FRESHWATER STORM THE HORSE FOR MINE TO WIN THIS. LOOKED GOOD WINNING FIRST 2 RUNS BACK FROM A SPELL BUT DIDNT COME ON LAST START. NOT SURE EXACTLY WHY BUT OUT TO 1700 AND 1 WIN FROM 1 START AT CAULFIELD IT GETS MY NOD.

RACE 1; 4-11-1-7.
RACE 2; 2
RACE 3; 4-5-2-3-7
RACE 4; 2-4-3-5-1
RACE 5; 2-3-13-6-10-5
RACE 6; 2-6-7-12-11-8
RACE 7; 13-8-6-3-1-2
RACE 8; 4-1-5-6-10-13

BEST BETS- RACE 2 NO2 GIRL IN FLIGHT
RACE 4 NO2 DISCIPLE
RACE 7 NO13 ELECTRIC FUSION

BEST EACHWAY- RACE 5 NO2 LADY OF HARRODS
RACE 6 NO2 CASCABEL

BEST ROUGHIES- RACE 6 NO7 MORANT
RACE 7 NO3 FIELDMASTER

HORSE TO WATCH- RACE 1 NO4 LOCK AND LOAD.

WELL THATS MY OPINION AND MY TIPS HOPEFULLY I DO WELL AND HOPEFULLY EVERYONE ENJOYS WHAT SHOULD BE A GOOD FINISH TO THE SPRING.