Hi guys,

Just thought I would share the best of my blackbook runners this weekend.
As most would know, the blackbook is a handy tool, allowing you to be notified when runners you have added, are running next .
I think everyone uses their blackbook a little differently.
Personally I use it as a guide, and put in runners that catch my eye, and usually runners that are early into their preparation, or that I notice from trials . I like to add horses I think will have some upside over the next few starts.
Most of my blackbookers are done from Saturday meetings, but occasionally if I see a midweek horse that runs a bottler, I will throw it in .
Ideally I would like keep a bigger database of runners, and add horses from all meetings, provincial and metropolitan, but unfortunately that is not viable. I just don't have the time to watch all the replays etc.
Just because I have blackbooked a horse, doesn't necessarily mean I will back it next start either . As I said, I use the blackbook as a guide, and in conjunction with the form guide , use it to TRY and pick some winners .
Sometimes horses that make the blackbook aren't suited in their next race, because of class rise, different track conditions etc etc , but if I add a horse in, at least I can keep tabs on it .
If a blackbooked horse is going up in grade though, I will sometimes back it EW, because the odds are generally very good .
I know some of you use your blackbook quite regularly to find winners, and horses to follow, and I am the first to admit mine is nowhere near as detailed or advanced as other peoples. I am going to endeavour to improve that though, because I know it is a very important item for punters .
Anyhow, here are my Saturday runners ( also I know my "comments" on the runners aren't as detailed as some other people use, but they make sense to me) :

Sunshine Coast Race 1
12:10pm· Form Guide · Odds 6 Saturn Rock
Tony Crane - Larry Cassidy
14-6-2014 Always had ability but looking for 1400m or 1500m now. Came home well in mares race at Sat Ipswich meet. Will be much fitter next time and worth folloiwing

Rosehill Gardens Race 1
12:20pm· Form Guide · Odds 5 Joadja
Grahame Begg - James McDonald
14-6-2014 Nice run last time . Loof for over 1600m or so on a firmer track. Ran on well without threatening over 1500m last time at Rosehill, bur just kept coming home well, looking like longer distance will suit

Flemington Race 1
12:35pm· Form Guide · Odds 3 What a Hoot
Leon Corstens - Michael Rodd
7-6-2014 Nice debut at MV. Was a little green but finished a good second. Back next start, will only improve

Flemington Race 2
1:10pm· Form Guide · Odds 12 Beleeup
John McArdle - Chris Symons
14-6-2014 Nice run for 5th last start at huge odds, Ran on well and eligible for easier races. EW Next time

Rosehill Gardens Race 3
1:30pm· Form Guide · Odds 1 Acapela
Chris Waller - Brenton Avdulla
14-6-2014 Nice run last start at Rosehill . Ran on hard and will be much fitter next start. Follow

Rosehill Gardens Race 3
1:30pm· Form Guide · Odds 3 Romantic Moon
Bart & James Cummings - Blake Shinn
14-6-2014 Got home well at 3rd run from a spell over 1500m at Rosehill. Got 3rd and came home well, and will be much fitter next time

Flemington Race 3
1:45pm· Form Guide · Odds 15 Good Music
Shane Fliedner - Chris Symons
14-6-2014 Got home well, but was entitled too, at Flemington over 1400m. Ran on hard and might be better over 1600m

Sunshine Coast Race 4
1:55pm· Form Guide · Odds 14 Party Till Dawn
Gillian Heinrich - Timothy Bell
14-6-2014 Ran on very well at BIG ODDS AT FIRST START IN IPSWICH SAT CLASS 2YO RACE. Came home strong. worth EW and following next time

Flemington Race 4
2:22pm· Form Guide · Odds 8 Crafty Cruiser
Bryce Stanaway - Jye McNeil
14-6-2014 Dour stayer that just keeps coming. Ran on well with light weight for 4th over 2500m at Flemington. Key to him is having a light weight, and the sting out of the ground . Will be much fitter next start, and back EW if conditions suit

Sunshine Coast Race 5
2:30pm· Form Guide · Odds 9 L'entrecote
Kelly Schweida - Jim Byrne
14-6-2014 No luck or clear running at Ipswich Saturday meeting. Was inbetween horses and hit the line hard at the end. Needs a dead or better track to show best, but will be hard to beat if draws well and gets right conditions next start .

Sunshine Coast Race 5
2:30pm· Form Guide · Odds 12 Comacina
John, Dan & Chris Meagher - Ashley Butler
14-6-2014 Promising horse and was unlucky last start. Flew home at Ipswich Sat meet over 1350m . Will be hard to hold out next time if stays in 3yo grade and over 1400m, so long as doesn't have huge weight . Will get up to a mile or longer and doesn't mind wet ground . Follow

Flemington Race 5
2:57pm· Form Guide · Odds 4 Aeratus
Mick Price - Dean Yendall
14-6-2014 Kept coming and just missed out winning last time at Flemington . over 1880m . In good form and so long as doesn't have big weight next time, and gets to 2000m will be hard to beat

Sunshine Coast Race 6
3:05pm· Form Guide · Odds 11 Billy Aucash
Brian Smith - Vinnie Colgan
14-6-2014 Ran out of his skin last start in Eyeliner at Ipswich . Ran home hard at huge odds and was out of his class. Better suited over longer and will be fitter next time. If down in grade and doesn't have huge weight then follow. Runs home strong and likes dead to slow ground

Sunshine Coast Race 6
3:05pm· Form Guide · Odds 13 Spitfire Lady
Michael Moroney - Jason Taylor
14-6-2014 Nice run first start in Aust at Ipswich Saturday meeting. Ran on well, and back next start if not in top grade

Sunshine Coast Race 7
3:40pm· Form Guide · Odds 11 Catalonia
Len Treloar - Geoffrey Goold
14-6-2014 Ran out of her skin in Ipswich Cup . Not top class but in fair grade, not top grade, will be hard to beat if weight not too much. Staying type of mare who is running in good form at the moment .

Rosehill Gardens Race 8
4:25pm· Form Guide · Odds 2 Skip Town
Matthew Smith - Kerrin McEvoy
14-6-2014 Had 58.5kg over unsuitable 1100m on a slow track at Rosehill . Will be much fitter and better on a good track over longer next start. Back and follow !

Rosehill Gardens Race 8
4:25pm· Form Guide · Odds 6 Casual Choice
Joseph Pride - Joshua Parr
14-6-2014 Great run last time first up over 1100m . Got home well for 5th or 6th. Ws back on the inside but never found much room until the last 50m. Hit the line very strong and worth following

Sorry, they are a bit all over the shop, but hopefully the above makes sense.
If anyone else wants to share their best blackbookers, then feel free.
If we can tip others into some winners, even better!!