Hey guys,
Just a heads up for you. The horse I own a share in, RILE, is resuming today at Doomben, in race 7.
Unfortunately there are showers around today, with a few also falling last night, which suxxx , because the horse does not like soft ground. Considering Brisbane has had sweet FA rain over the last 6-8 weeks, its bloody typical it decides to come on the day my horse resumes. It is Friday the 13th after all.
I am hoping it is only showers today, and nothing more, because if the track gets to slow, the horse won't be competitive, and will probably even be a late scratching. Fingers crossed !
Anyhow, that being said, I spoke to the trainer Wednesday, and he is very pleased with the way the horse is going, and feels he is fit enough to run well in his first up assignment. I wouldn't say he is bursting with confidence though, because the horse hasn't trialled for this run, so he isn't fully screwed down. He thinks the 1100m will be suitable for the run today, but hopes to step him up, possibly to 1400m this campaign, so once again, he is not going to be primed for the sprint.
He is currently $13 with Sportsbet.com.au fixed price, which is over his true odds. The field he is facing today is tougher than his previous couple of runs, but in saying that, some of the horses he is facing are not exactly in top form.
I would say he is worth a small EW bet for anyone interested, but he will improve with this run under his belt, so if he runs a nice race, he will be worth following.
Whatever happens today, I will be cheering him on, and hoping for the best !