Well the big races are certainly upon us and todays meeting at Caufield is a beauty. Still not sure about running the best race of the day last but the meeting looks outstanding with some open fields and fabulous racing. The Underwood is the big race and Atlantic Jewwel is all the rage, and why not with 9 wins from 9 starts. The track is definitely slow and with more rain could get to heavy. Its worth noting that all 9 wins have been on good or dead, with no runs on slow or heavy. By the time they get to race 9 the track may not be in the best condition and im prepared to say the horse is not an unbeatable commodity as it has been in all 9 previous starts. I may be proven wrong but time will tell. So lets check out the days racing.

Race 1- Four horses first up and one shooting for four in a row. Im thinking Rose Pattern will lead and Classy Chloe will get over and look for a sit behind the leader. I am hoping there is a little bit of speed up front and Rose Pattern does not get it to easy.Bec Said No Credit will get home and Dartook as well.

My tip- No 2 Classy Chloe. 2-3-8-1-5

Race 2- Four or five horses that will go forward and be prominent early. Quite a few also don't have slow or heavy form including The Peak in his 1st Australian start. 5 first starters and that's where I think the winner will come from. Although it hasn't won for a year and a half it has a good 1st up record and I think Go the Knuckle can get a good run and be hard to beat.

My tip- No 1 Go The Knuckle. 1-3-7-9-12

Race 3- No slow form to speak of and a first starter in Classy Jack. Villa Verde has good form lines, Whisky Allround unbeaten at the distance, Mezeray Miss looks good and I have like Menage a Charge in his two runs so far. An open race with plenty of chances.

My tip- No 2 Whisky Allround. 2-1-11-12-4 Watch on 9.

Race 4- A few horses will look to go to the front including Gravitational and Lannister. Self Sense has looked good last two runs in easier company but for mine the best bet of the day is in this race. I think Resistant will get a nice run behind the leaders and will be too strong for this field.

My tip- No 1 Resistant. 1-2-4-7-10

Race 5- Not much slow form to speak of but plenty of speed and plenty of chances in this one.Im on a horse here I believe has a bitmore class than most of these and runs a grea race fresh. I think Hi Belle will get put into a nice spot early in the race and should be doing best at the end.

My tip- No 1 Hi Belle. 1-2-7-8-6

Race 6- Plenty of speed up front early in this one and Don't Get Excited unbeaten this prep and entitled to be favourite. Will be hard to beat but I like British General. 7TH first up but it was a big run and all being well could win this. Play wide in trifectas and first fours as there are many chances.

My tip- No 6 British General. 6-14-3-11-4-5

Race 7- Don't think they will go too hard in front and plenty of horses in form for this race. Politeness favourite but not for my liking. Second up and back to own sex I think Lady Lakshmi is a good chance at odds I think are overs. 5-6 winning chances in this one.

My tip- No 3 Lady Lakshmi. 3-7-2-6-1. 10 place roughie.

Race 8- The Naturalism over 2000 and a big field of 20 to contest this one. I see Mr O'Ceirin coming over from a wide gte to take up the lead and if he can get it easy in front could lead all the way. Ibicenco a last start winner at big odds(wont get those odds again) will be suited and Pakal also looks a good chance. An open race this one.

My tip- No 5 Mr O'Ceirin. 5-4-7-10-14-9

Race 9- The big one and a raging hot favourite. Wouldthink it will stroll on its merry way but im not convinced. Not sure who leads this one so speed will be interesting. Fortellers last run was super and this race is full of world class talent.

My tip- No 4 Foreteller. 4-12-2-7-8-13

Best bet R4-No1 Resistant

Next best R8-No5 Mr O'Ceirin

Best roughie win R7-No3 Lady Lakshmi

Best place roughies R7-No10 Se Sauver R9-No13 Silent Achiever

Quaddie- 4,6,14/2,3,6/4,5,9,10,14/4,7,8,12.